Pages

24.6.13

1920's Inspired Cocktail Night at W's Woobar (Open Bar)

A few Thursday's back I headed to Woobar in W Hong Kong in West Kowloon for birthday celebrations with some of the girls. We went to the 1920's inspired vintage cocktail night which they host every Thursday from 8-10.30pm. It's 258dollars (about £22) for an open bar with a selection of 6 vintage cocktails.

Open bar, vintage, cocktails. Needless to say I was sold on the night before I arrived. (Picture taken from timeout.com.hk)


Woobar is a great location for this event, its elegant and glamorous decor instantly adds a bit of sparkle to week night drinks, and the prohibition inspired vintage theme gives the night a very of the moment 'Gatsby-esque' flair. The presentation of the cocktails and snacks are excellent, and the staff were attentive and lovely.

The food platter is an extra $40 (about £3.40) and includes a selection of seven different snacks. My favourite presentation-wise had to be the malt meringue rocks which came with a syringe filled with 80% Stroh rum, the theme is prohibition after all!



My favourite cocktail was the Moscow Mule, made with belvedere vodka, in-house made ginger beer and a squeeze of lime. Although I sampled some of the other cocktails on the menu (I also highly recommend the Clover Club), at the end of the night I came back to this classic. Refreshing and simple, the Moscow Mule is undoubtedly one of my all time favourite cocktails so I was delighted to see it on this open bar menu. Woobar do a fabulous take on it for their vintage night, served in a silver W mug.

As well as coming back for another cocktail night, I am also eager to try out Woobar's unlimited wine and cheese night held on Wednesday's and their 'femme fatal' themed night held every Tuesday - free-flow Chandon Brut N.V for the ladies!


Offers on wine, cheese, champagne and vintage cocktails. They certainly have good taste at W!


For more information on Woobar visit their website here

No comments:

Post a Comment