Pages

22.6.13

XXX Gallery


This was my first big night out in Hong Kong, and my favourite one still. As much as I do like going for a nice cocktail in central, for a big night out I will always feel more at home in a place with a more underground vibe. This isn't the easiest thing to come across in Hong Kong, which on the surface is a haven of rich bankers and model types, so I was very happy to be introduced to this place so quickly after moving here.
 
The music is Hip Hop, drum and base, dubstep and reggae. Their nights are usually $100 entry (about £8.40), bring your own drinks. Houseparty vibes.

UV lit staircase (taken from iamclub.co.uk)


Strictly speaking XXX is not a club, but an art gallery. Hosting art installations and photography exhibitions during the week, hence why the walls are kept white with just a couple of trademark X's for decoration.
There are no XXX nights for the time being as the Gallery in Shueng Wan has closed. They are moving to a bigger venue and I can't wait to see what they have in store. Come back soon XXX!
















Keep updated - xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment