Pages

19.3.15

My Hong Kong Bucket List



The weather in Hong Kong has suddenly got a whole lot more hot and humid. With the summer creeping in on us, my impending departure from Hong Kong seems that bit closer. In September, after what will be nearly three years in this city, I'm moving on. Which means my blog will be going in a slightly different direction, as I'm going backpacking (length and destinations yet to be decided). I will be sad to leave Hong Kong, but I feel that the time's right to move on to something a bit different. Plus I've been wanting to go on a big travelling trip for some time now.

I have just under six months left here. So naturally, I want to make the most of my time left, so here is my Hong Kong Bucket list. I challenge myself to do all of these things over the next six months, some of which are things I've done before, others are things that I somehow, have not yet done.


- Go on at least two more junk boat parties with friends (this has happened 3 times already..)
- Wine and cheese night at W (May 6th for birthday drinks)
- Go back to Yuen Long and eat at one of my old favourite restaurants
- Kadoorie Farm
- Camping on Tai Long Wan beach
- Organise a party at the house on the island near Sai Kung (Nicola and I arranged this on May 16th for joint birthday celebrations)
- Go kayaking again (Following the island camping, during a rainstorm no less)
- 10000 buddhas temple
- Afternoon tea in one of the hotels
- Take my HKST Mandarin Level 1
- Write at least 20 more blog posts about Hong Kong (17 to go)
- See a play (Sunday 19th April, A Midsummer Nights Dream and King Lear at Shakespeare in the Port)
- Wetland Park
- Attend a beach BBQ
- Visit my friend in Macau
- Go to a Bunker night
- See live music (Outlook festival, August 8th)
- Try out at least three different champagne brunches (1 down, Tott's at The Excelsior)
- Cliff jump into the rock pools behind Sai Wan beach
- Go to Mavericks on Pui O
- Go 'glamping' in the Cheung Sha Wan teepees
- Have a surfing lesson
- Take advantage of ladies nights mojitos at Havana Club (16th April)
- Visit another abandoned village/island
- Have a cocktail in the Peninsula's Salon de Ning
- Watch the sunset from Sunset Peak
- Watch the sunset from The Peak
- Watch the sunrise in Sai Kung
- Go on at least two more bike rides
- Hot Pot
- One more 'weekend getaway' to somewhere in Asia (Tokyo for 5 days in May)
- Cocktails in Wooloomooloo, Wan Chai
- Go to at least five different art galleries
- Visit the Museum of History and the Museum of Art on a Wednesday




No comments:

Post a Comment